500 g taro/ arvi (peel and dice)
2 cups white rice (wash and drain)
1 cup soya mince/ nutria mince
1 cup shiitake mushrooms (soak in water until soft and dice)
½ cup vegetable oil
3 ½ cup water
2 tbsp soy sauce
½ tsp five-spice powder
1 tbsp salt
- Heat oil, fry soya mince until golden brown, remove and set aside.
2. Fry taro over medium heat until it gets crispy on the outside, add five-spice powder, stir-fry for 10 seconds,remove and set aside.
3. Fry shiitake mushrooms until fragrant, add soy sauce and stir-fry for 10 second.
4. Add white rice, salt, fried soya mince (step 1) and fried taro (step 2); stir-fry for 1 minute, transfer to a clay pot and add water.
5. Cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, then reduce to low heat and cook for another 20 minutes.
6. Turn off the heat and leave covered for 5 minutes.