“Try this delicious and easy to made vegan chai ice cream”
1/2 cups raw cashews (soaked for 4-6 hours or overnight, then drained)
1 cup light coconut milk (or sub another dairy-free milk, such as almond or rice)
3 packets chai tea (or 4 tsp loose leaf // or sub black tea for a more subtle chai flavor)
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (or olive oil)
1/4 cup agave nectar or maple syrup
1/4 cup cane sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp each cinnamon and ginger powder
1/4 tsp each black pepper, ground cloves, and cardamom* (optional)
- Set your churning bowl in the freezer the night before to chill.Soak your cashews the night before as well, or for at least 4-6 hour before blending.
2. When ready to prepare ice cream,steep your chai tea in 3/4 cup boil-ing water for at least 10 minutes. It should be very strong. Remove teabags, squeezing out excess tea, and let cool in the fridge.
3. In the meantime, drain cashews and measure out other ingredients.
4. Add tea and all remaining ingredi-ents to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth – about 3-4 minutes, using liquify if you have the option. Taste and adjust sweet-ness/flavors as needed.
5. Add mixture to your chilled ice cream maker bowl and churn according to manufacturer’s instructions until thoroughly chilled, about 45 minutes. It should resemble thick soft serve.
6. Transfer to a freezer-safe container,cover and freeze until hard – at least 6 hours, preferably overnight. Will keep in the freezer for up to a week.