“Try this delicious and easy to made salted caramel sauce”
1/4 cup (60 ml) water
1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
2/3 cup (160 ml) heavy whipping cream
3 tablespoons (45 grams) unsalted butter, cut into tablespoon size pieces
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan, heat the water and sugar over medium heat. Make sure to use a sauce pan that’s a little bigger than what you think you will need. Stir constantly until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture starts to bubble just a little.
2. Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil, stop stirring completely.Let the mixture continue boiling until it turns an amber color, this could take anywhere from 4-12 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and slowly whisk in the heavy cream. The mixture will bubble up quite a bit,so make sure to do this very care-fully. Then, mix in the butter, vanil-la, and salt one at a time.
4. Pour the caramel sauce into a dish and allow to cool completely, then cover tightly and store in the refrig-erator. The caramel sauce will thicken up some once it’s cooled and refrigerated.
- For a regular caramel sauce, just use a pinch of salt or about 1/8 tea-spoon
2. Store any leftover salted caramel sauce in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Reheat in the microwave before using.
3. This recipe will yield about 1 and 1/2 cups of caramel sauce.