“Rich, delicious and yummy Gond Ke Ladoo”
2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1/4 cup Ghee Plus some more if required
1 cup Makhana Cut into small pieces
2 tbsp Melon Seeds
2 tbsp Chironji
2 tbsp Poppy Seeds
1/2 cup Dry Coconut Thinly Sliced
1/2 cup Almonds Sliced
1/4 cup Cashew Nuts Sliced
100 g Gond
1 tsp Ginger Powder
1 cup Powdered sugar or Boora
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a karahi.
- Roast makhana until slightly browned. Take out on a plate.
- Take 1 tsp ghee in the karahi and fry melon seeds, chironji and poppy seeds until browned.Drain out in the plate.
- Take 1 tbsp ghee in the same karahi and roast the coconut until browned. Drain out in the plate.
- Take 1 tsp ghee in the karahi and fryalmonds and cashew nuts until browned. Drain out in the plate.
- Take 2 tbsp ghee in the karahi and fry the gond until browned.
- Take out in a mortar and crush with a pestle to make a coarse powder. Transfer the powder in the plate.
- Add 2 tbsp ghee in the karahi and add whole wheat flour and roast on medium heat until nicely browned. Keep mixing throughout.
- Add ginger powder and the ingredients in the plate in the flour. Mix well.
- Add powdered sugar and mix well. Make ladoos from the mixture while the mixture is still warm.
- Add more melted hot ghee to this mixture if it’s not binding.
- Store in an airtight container for Holi.