Reserve Bank of India is all set to issue ₹ 20 denomination banknotes in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series, bearing signature of Shri Shaktikanta Das, Governor, Reserve Bank of India.
The new denomination has motif of Ellora Caves on the reverse, depicting the country’s cultural heritage. The base colour of the note is Greenish Yellow. The note has other designs, geometric patterns aligning with the overall colour scheme, both at the obverse and reverse.
All the banknotes in the denomination of ₹ 20 issued by the Reserve Bank in the earlier series will continue to be legal tender.
Highlights of ₹ 20 denomination banknote in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series are as under:
1. See through register with denominational numeral 20
2. Denominational numeral २० in Devnagari
3. Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi at the centre
4. Micro letters ‘RBI’, ‘भारत ‘, ‘INDIA’ and ’20’
5. Windowed demetalised security thread with inscriptions ‘भारत’ and RBI
6. Guarantee Clause, Governor’s signature with Promise Clause and RBI emblem towards right of Mahatma Gandhi portrait
7. Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right
8. Mahatma Gandhi portrait and electrotype (20) watermarks
9. Number panel with numerals growing from small to big on the top left side and bottom right side.
1. Year of printing of the note on the left
2. Swachh Bharat logo with slogan
3. Language panel
4. Motif of Ellora Caves
5. Denominational numeral २० in Devnagari.
Dimension of the banknote will be 63 mm x 129 mm