Whether we call it God, Mother nature helps us to connect with powerful, loving presence. Feel it’s presence loving and supporting nature always. You might receive guidance and wisdom. Nature brings you closer to our own spirit and to Spirit.
Being in mother nature, or even viewing scenes of nature, reduces anger, fear, and stress and increases pleasant feelings. Exposure to nature not only makes you feel better emotionally, it contributes to your physical wellbeing, reducing blood pressure, heart rate, muscle tension, and the production of stress hormones. It may even reduce mortality, according to scientists such as public health researchers Stamatakis and Mitchell.
Tree talk bathing, also called ecotherapy, is the practice of being in nature to boost growth and healing, especially mental health. You might also hear it called green care, green exercise, green therapy or horticulture therapy.
Although people use those terms to describe lots of outdoor activities, they can also be examples of specific tree talk therapy programs.
The meaning of tree talk bathing therapy can vary from person to person, but in general, eco therapy involves:
A trained, supportive professional, like a therapist
A green environment
Appreciating and exploring nature and cure the problem of tree blindness.
Green exercise is much more effective during COVID-19 for a good mental health and do physical activities in green spaces. That could be running, going on a walk, or taking a bike ride etc.
Researchers have studied green exercise or nature’s healing effects in a number of areas such as depression, ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder), Dementia, Lessened pain, Lowered stress, Medical recovery, Mood modification, Obesity, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder etc.
Green exercise helps decrease your chances of developing heart disease. It also keeps your bones healthy and strong.
We do not know exactly if or how green exercise increases your immunity to certain illnesses.
1. Green physical activity may help flush bacteria out of the lungs and airways. This may reduce your chance of getting a cold, flu, or other illness.
2. Green exercise causes change in Antibodies and White Blood Cells (WBC). WBCs are the body’s immune system cells that fight disease. These antibodies or WBCs circulate more rapidly, so they could detect illnesses earlier than they might have before. However, no one knows whether these changes help prevent infections.
3. The brief rise in body temperature during and right after green exercise may prevent bacteria from growing. This temperature rise may help the body fight infection better. (This is similar to what happens when you have a fever).
4) Green exercise slows down the release of stress hormones. Some stress increases the chance of illness. Lower stress hormones may protect against illness.
5) Green exercise is good for children and adult. This green exercise makes you feel healthier and more energetic. It can help you feel better about yourself.
In the end, I say that it’s about noticing what’s around you and increasing our own awareness of ourselves in relation to our world and environment. (The Author is a Senior National Judo Player and Research Scholar pursuing Ph.D from Jammu University)