“Yummy, delicious and easy to made Vegan Yogurt Cheese Cake”
1/2 cup oat flour
1.5 tbsp almond flour 1/4 tsp salt scant
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp oil
1.5 Tbsp or more maple syrup Filling:
1/2 cup non dairy almond plain yogurt
1/3 cup soaked cashews soaked for at least 15 mins in hot water
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 to 3 tsp lime juice or lemon juice
2.5 tsp cornstarch
1/8 tsp salt
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1 to 2 tbsp sugar or sweetener
Make the crust:
- Add oat flour, almond flour, salt, cinnamon and oil to a bowl and mix well.
- Add 1 tbsp maple syrup and mix in. Add more maple syrup about a 1/2 tsp at a time and mix to make a soft dough.
- Press the dough into 2 tart pans or other 4.5 inch pans. (or 4 greased and bottom lined muffin pans).
Make the cheesecake filling:
- Blend all the ingredients until well blended. Taste and adjust sweet and tang and blend again.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared crust.
- Bake a 350 degrees F / 180ºC for 40 to 45 minutes. Let it sit in the oven for another 10 minutes. Then cool on the counter for a few minutes. Refrigerate for atleast an hour before serving. Serve with whipped coconut cream or vegan vanilla ice cream
- To double: Double the crust ingredients. Add maple syrup a 1 tbsp at a time to make a dough and use.
- For the filling, use 3/4 cup non dairy yogurt and 3/4 cup soaked cashews.
- For easy blending, soak the cashews for atleast 4 hours.