Yummy and Delicious
- Marzipan225 g, finely chopped
- Butter75 g, unsalted
- Sugar100 g, superfine
- Eggs3, beaten
- Milk1 tbsp
- Almonds100 g, ground
- Flour150 g, plain
- Baking powder 2 tsp
- Rosewater 1 tsp
For the roses
- Icing sugar
- Sugarpaste 500 g, pink
- For the cupcakes: heat the oven to 180°C (160° fan) 350°Fgas 4. Place paper cups or cases in 10 bun tins.
- Beat the marzipan, butter and sugar in a mixing bowl to a smooth paste.
- Whisk in the eggs and milk gradually, whisking constantlyuntil the mixture is smooth.
- Gently fold in the almonds, flour and baking powder untilwell blended. Stir in the rosewater.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and bake for 20-25minutes until risen and springy to the touch. Cool in the tinfor 5 minutes, then place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the roses: roll out the sugar paste thinly on a surface lightly dusted with icing sugar. Cut out 60 rounds.
- Roll 1 round into a cone shape. Roll another round aroundthe cone, gently pushing the two together so they stick.Pinch out the top of the rounds so they curl over slightly, tocreate a petal shape. Continue to wrap the sugarpaste roundsaround the previous ones, pressing and pinching as before.Tweak out all the petals as you work, to look like a rose. Use6 sugarpaste rounds for each rose.
- Place the roses on top of the cakes.