“Spicy and yummy Palak Paneer”
1 large bunch of chopped Spinach
Paneer (cubed into pieces)
Finely chopped Onion
Oil (2 tablespoons)
Butter (1 tablespoon)
Ginger Garlic Paste (1 teaspoon)
Green Chillies(to taste)
Lemon Juice (1 teaspoon)
Dry fenugreek leaves(1/2 teaspoon)
Salt to taste
- Clean and wash spinach in water to remove impurities. Boil the spinach in salted water for 2 minutes. Drain it.
- Immediately transfer drained spinach into cold water and keep for a minute.
- Drain excess water and transfer blanched spinach to the jar of a mixer grinder.
- Add green chillies and grind until smooth puree.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan over medium flame. Add paneer cubes and shallow fry them until the sides turn light brown and keep them aside.
- Heat 1-tablespoon oil and 1-tablespoon butter together in the pan over medium flame. Add cumin seeds and saute them for 30 seconds. Add finely chopped onion and fry. Add ginger-garlic paste and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add spinach puree and salt. Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add water accordingly and bring it to a boil.
- When gravy starts to boil, add paneer cubes and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, kasuri methi and mix well. Turn off the flame and mix milk cream.