“Delicious and flavorful lemon yogurt chicken”
Salt and pepper, to taste
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 8-ounce Plain Yogurt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
1 teaspoon lemon rind
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil for cooking
- Pepper both sides of the chicken and set aside. In a bowl,whisk together the yogurt, salt and pepper, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon parsley and the juice of half of the lemon.
- Place the chicken in a re-sealable bag and pour the Greek yogurt mixture on it. Massage the yogurt into the chicken and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour.
- In a pie dish, add the whole wheat bread crumbs and remaining garlic powder, parsley, cumin, more salt and pepper and 1 teaspoon of lemon zest. Stir the mixture with a fork to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. When chicken is done marinating, coat one piece at a time into the bread crumb mixture and coat both sides. Repeat until all pieces of chicken are coated in bread crumbs.
- Preheat a skillet with extra virgin olive oil to medium high and sauté chicken breast on one side. Flip after two minutes or until golden brown crust has formed.
- Place pan with chicken into the oven to finish the cooking process for 5-10 minutes depending on how thick the chicken is. When thoroughly cooked, remove from oven and squeeze the rest of the lemon on top of the warm chicken to serve.