Srinagar, At least three residential houses were damaged in a devastating fire incident that occurred at Srinagar’s Alamgari Bazar on Sunday, officials said.
A leading fireman identified as Mohammad Ashraf received minor injuries during the firefighting operation and was shifted to hospital for treatment.
The Fire and Emergency Service office said fire broke out at 6.15 am in a house at Alamgari Bazar in down town Srinagar and engulfed two nearby houses causing damage to them. Fire tenders were rushed to the spot from a nearby fire station who put off the fire before it could cause major damage to the property.
They said two three story and a single story house were damaged in the fire incident.
The cause of the fire is believed to be due to an electric short circuit.
Meanwhile, a kitchen of a café was also damaged in a fire incident at Wazir bagh in Srinagar, they added.