On mother’s advice, former Fortis owner to withdraw case against brother

NEW DELHI, SEP 13: Former Fortis Healthcare promoter Shivinder Mohan Singh Thursday said he has decided to withdraw his petition in NCLT against elder brother Malvinder Mohan Singh and ex-Religare chief Sunil Godhwani, as desired by his mother.
Shivinder had earlier this month filed an application before the Delhi bench of the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) alleging that collective and ongoing actions of Malvinder and Mr Godhwani led to a systemic undermining of the interests of the companies and their shareholders.
Confirming the move, Shivinder told PTI :”I have applied to withdraw the petition before NCLT, that is coming up for hearing.” “There is a mediation process that has been kicked off and if it does not work I have the option of refiling it,” he added.