Ramnagar suffers complete neglect, deprivation: Harsh

GJ REPORT
RAMNAGAR, MAY 1: Alleging neglect and deprivation of Ramnagar constituency in the matter of development, JKNPP Chairman, Harsh Dev Singh has called upon the govt to appropriately and adequately address the developmental issues of said area in view of wide spread public resentment brewing therein. He regretted that development initiatives launched by him in the past had come to a grinding halt with no action whatsoever to activate derailed projects, which continued to remain in limbo for last around more than 3 years. Expressing grave concern over the pathetic plight of existing roads, chaotic power supply system, dysfunctional water supply schemes, corruption plagued Rural Dev and Food and Supplies Deptt and staff-deficient schooling system, Singh deplored that Ramnagar constituency once known for revolutionary growth and development had been relegated to the position of tail ender in the matter of development. He was addressing huge public gatherings in Balota Chigla, Keya and Kaitha villages of Ramnagar constituency today.
Strongly flaying the abandonment of work on the satellite university campus in Ramnagar, Singh regretted that the construction work on the project was stopped in January 2015 immediately after he ceased to be MLA despite 90% of the project having been completed. He questioned non-initiation and non completion of the remaining 10% of the work on the said campus despite lapse of more than three years.
Taking a pot shot at the incumbent leadership, Singh said that it happened for the first time that Ramnagar constituency was totally ignored rather eclipsed in allocation of roads in Phase-XI of PMGSY with not a single new road having been assigned to the said constituency despite demands of connectivity from several far flung and remote area habitations. Urging upon the District and local administration to identify the officials responsible for withholding the payment of compensation to the farmers for lands acquired from them under PMGSY, Harsh called for stringent punitive action against such delinquents. He called for immediate credit of compensation amount to the accounts of farmers for various PMGSY roads warned of farmers agitation in case of any further harassment of poor indigent farmers. He called for expediting the process of ‘Aadhar Cards’ and payment of early relief and rehabilitation of farmers affected by natural calamities. He warmed to avail legal remedy in case the loot and plunder of MGNREGA funds was disregarded by the Govt seeking at the same time appropriate punitive action against the delinquent officers/officials and further sought immediate release of pending wages of workers under MGNREGA. He warmed that exploitation of rural folk, farming community and marginalized sections shall no longer be tolerated.