Fire breaks out in Gun House, goods worth lakhs damaged

Jammu, Aug 24: Goods worth lakhs today got destroyed when a fire broke out in a gun house in an old city area here.
“A fire broke out this morning due to short circuit in Pal Gun House, Rajinder Bazar here,” Fire and Emergency Spokesman here said.
He said that the shop was located at the ground floor of three storied government shopping complex, adding, “the fire engulfed goods in the shop and worth Rs 2 lakh got completely damaged.”
He further said that gun powder, ammunition, rack, accessories and record turned into ashes in the devastating fire.
The spokesman said that four fire tenders were immediately pressed into service and they controlled the flames.