3 JeM terrorists killed in Pulwama encounter

Srinagar, Jul 15: Three Jaish-e-Mohammed militants were killed in a fierce encounter with security forces in the woods in south Kashmir district of Pulwama.
Director General of Police (DGP) S P Vaid said that a joint search operation was launched by Special Operation Group (SOG) of state police and Army in the woods at Dantiwan Satoor forest in Tral in Pulwama.
When the forest area was being sealed, militants hiding there opened fire, he said, adding that security forces also retaliated ensuing in a fierce encounter.
“Two militants were killed in the initial exchange of fire,” he said. Meanwhile, official sources said that the third militant, who was trapped inside a cave, was also killed.
They said among the killed, two militants are local and one is a foreigner. “All of them belong to Jaish-e-Mahammed,” they added. However, they said search operation will continue in the area.
Meanwhile an Army jawan was today martyred as Pakistan in yet another ceasefire violation shelled forward posts and villages on the Line of Control in Poonch and Rajouri districts.
“Pakistani Army this afternoon fired unprovoked with mortars, small arms and automatics in Manjakote and Balakote sector of Rajouri and Mendhar,” official sources here said.
Defence spokesman said that Pakistan Army initiated unprovoked firing on Indian Army posts in Rajouri sector at around 1330h and Indian Army retaliated strongly and effectively.
In the fire exchange, Lance Naik Mohammed Naseer was grievously injured and succumbed to his injuries.
Lance Naik Mohammed Naseer aged 35 years, belonged to Village Ajout, Tehsil Haveli, District Poonch, J&K and is survived by his wife Wasim Akhtar.
Lance Naik Mohammed Naseer, was a brave and sincere soldier.
He loved his job to the core. The nation will always remain indebted to him for the supreme sacrifice and devotion to duty, he said.
Meanwhile an Assistant Sub Inspector of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) was injured in a grenade attack by militants in south Kashmir district of Kulgam.
Meanwhile, two youth, suspected to be involved in the grenade attack, were detained and were being questioned by the police.
A CRPF spokesperson said that said militants lobbed a grenade at a joint naka part of state police and CRPF at the main Kulgam town in south Kashmir. An ASI of 18th battalion of CRPF was injured in the attack, he said.
He said the injured, identified as Rajinder Kumar, was immediately taken to a hospital. Meanwhile, official sources said that two persons, suspected to be involved in the attack, were detained after a search operation was launched in the area.
“Both the persons are being questioned by the police,” they added.